Way We Do provides plenty of easy to use editing tools and power-packed extras to help you create policies and procedures that your team will enjoy using. This guide provides a tutorial of the procedure editing screen, including instructions for editing, publishing, and deleting your procedures.
NOTE: Only Admins and Editors are able to edit, publish, and delete procedures.
Editing Section (Draft/Pending Review)
- Edit - Click the pencil icon to "Edit" the procedure.
- Title Bar - Enter the name of your procedure by overwriting the words "Untitled Procedure".
- Editing Tools - The Editing Toolbar contains all of the standard editing tools you would expect, with a few extras. If you are unfamiliar with any of the icons used, hover over the icon and the description will be displayed.
- Way We Do has an "auto-save" feature which appears whenever an edit is made to the procedure.
- Finish - Way We Do has an "auto-save" feature, however, we recommend that you click the "Finish" button to keep your latest edits.
- Procedure Status - Way We Do allows you to assign a status to a Procedure. A procedure can be saved as a draft, marked as pending review, or published. To learn more about procedure status, read our Procedure Publishing Status Overview.
- Cancel - Click the "Cancel" button to take you back to the view mode and cancel the latest edits.
- Print to PDF - Click the printer icon to print the procedure to a PDF file.
- Delete - Click on Finish or Cancel first if you're still editing the procedure. Then Click the trashcan to delete a procedure.
It will then ask you to confirm the deletion of the Draft.
- View Only - Click the View Only icon to leave the editing screen without saving changes.
- Title Bar - Name of your procedure
- Active Criteria - Once set up correctly, the active criteria are responsible for sending prompts to users when their attention is required.
See our Active Criteria Overview article for what each criteria means.
NOTE: Criteria such as Tasks, Roles, and Reminders cannot be added while a procedure is in edit mode. Users must first save the procedure and enter view mode to assign criteria.