Way We Do provides plenty of easy to use editing tools and power-packed extras to help you create policies and procedures that your team will enjoy using. This guide provides a tutorial of the procedure editing screen, including instructions for editing, publishing and deleting your procedures.
NOTE: Only Admins and Editors are able to edit, publish and delete procedures.
- Edit - Click the pencil icon to "Edit" the procedure.
- Title Bar - Enter the name of your procedure by overwriting the words "Untitled Procedure".
- Editing Tools - The Editing Toolbar contains all of the standard editing tools you would expect, with a few extras. If you are unfamiliar with any of the icons used, hover over the icon and the description will be displayed.
- Save - Way We Do has an "auto-save" feature, however we recommend that you click the "Save" button to keep your latest edits.
- Procedure Status - Way We Do allows you to assign a status to a Procedure. A procedure can be saved as a draft, marked as pending review, published, or retired. To learn more about procedure status, read our Procedure Status Overview.
- Cancel - Click the "Cancel" button to take you back to the view mode and cancel latest edits.
- Print to PDF - Click the printer icon to print the procedure to a PDF file.
- Delete - Click the trashcan to delete a procedure.
- Roles - Click the person icon to assign roles to the procedure. Roles are listed from the "Structure" chart you created.
- Tasks - Click the alarm clock icon to add "Task Reminders" associated with the procedure.
- Attachments - Click the paperclip icon to attach any templates associated with the procedure. You can attach most file types including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, PDF, image files and more.
- Acceptance - Click the exclamation icon to add "Acceptance Criteria" to the procedure.
- Labels - Click the label icon to categorize procedures within Labels. You can choose one or multiple labels.
- Revision Reminders - click the calendar icon to set a revision reminder date so the editor will be emailed automatically to review and update the procedure if required.
- Restriction - click the padlock to make the procedure only available to those roles assigned to it. Once restricted, the procedure will be invisible to all other roles.
- View Only - Click the View Only icon to leave the editing screen without saving changes.
- Revision History -Allows all users in Way We Do to visually see the changes that have been made to a Procedure, Policy, or Activated Checklist. You can also republish the previous edits from there.
NOTE: Criteria such as Tasks, Roles, and Reminders cannot be added while a procedure is in edit mode. Users must first save the procedure and enter view mode to assign criteria.