The Advanced Search in Way We Do lets you zero in on content much quicker in Way We Do. You can conduct an advanced search using a set of predefined filters which make use of your active criteria to narrow down the search results making it easier for you to find the content you are looking for.
Searching for Procedures and Activated Checklists
This search produces results containing any Procedures, Policies and Master Activated Checklists in your manual.
To conduct an Advanced Search, click on the drop-down menu on the search toolbar on the Way We Do Dashboard and select "Advanced Search" from the drop-down. This redirects you to the Advanced Search page.
You can also enter a keyword and hit enter on your keyboard, which will then redirect you to the Advanced Search Page.
Note: If you are in the manual, your will need to conduct a basic search by entering a keyword and hitting enter on your keyboard to be redirected to the Advanced Search Page, Or navigate back to the Dashboard to select Advanced Search from the drop-down menu.
Once in the Advanced Search Page, you can enter your keywords and select which filters to apply to your search to narrow down search results.
- Status: is the procedure/checklist Published, in Draft, Pending Review, or Retired.
- Type: is it a procedure or master activated checklist.
- Responsibility: the role to which the procedure or master activated checklist has been assigned.
- Label: where the procedure or master activated checklist currently resides i.e Finance, Marketing.
- Has Tasks: does the procedure or master activated checklist have tasks set up.
- Acceptance: which of the acceptance criteria have been assigned to the procedure
- Has Schedules: Any schedules created for the master activated checklist based on a frequency.
- Has Restriction: Any restrictions assigned for specific roles.
- Has Attachments: Any document or file attachments
- Has Revision Date: if revision dates have been assigned.
- Revision Date: The date range for when the revision dates might be
- Author: any procedures or master checklist created by a particular author.
Some filters will allow for multiple entries, such as the Labels, Status, Role, and Author. You will need to enter some text and select an option from the suggestions that appear like in the image above.
Searching for Activated Checklist Instances
Once in the Advanced Search, change the search to Instances. This lets you search for Activated Checklist Instances that are still active, completed, or abandoned.
The results returned will depend on whether you are involved in the checklist instance (you either started the checklist instance or were invited as a collaborator) and your Way We Do permissions (User, Editor, or Administrator). As a user or editor, you can only see instances relating to your instances, while as an administrator you can see your instances and other users instances.
Similar to the Procedures filter, you will need to enter your keywords and select which filters to apply to your search to narrow down search results.
- Status: is the instance still active, awaiting supervisor invites, awaiting supervisor signoff, completed, supervisor signoff completed or has the checklist been abandoned.
- Master Checklist: refers to the title of the master checklist which the instance originated from
- Collaborator: the users in Way We Do involved in the checklist. This can be yourself or other team members.
- Role Assigned: the role assigned to complete the checklist instance
- Supervisor Sign-off: is sign-off required, not required, due now for the checklist instance
- Activity: The date range within when user activity would have occurred in the checklist instance.
- No Activity: The date range within when no user activity occurred in the checklist instance.
- Entire Duration: the length of time it has taken user(s) to complete the checklist instance. This can be in minutes, hours, days, days, weeks.
- Step Duration: the length of time it has taken user(s) to complete a step in the checklist instance. This can be in minutes, hours, days, weeks.
- Has Comments: were comments entered when users were completing the checklist instance.
Similar to the procedure filters, some filters allow for multiple entires which can be selected from the suggestions that appear when you enter text.
Saving and Loading a Search
You can also save searches that you run frequently. This is particularly useful for your activated checklist instances where you monitor team activity for specific checklists.
To save a search you've run, click on the drop-down menu on the search toolbar and then select "Save Search" from the menu.
Give the search a unique name and click on "Save" on the pop-up window displayed.
The next time you want to carry out the same search, simply choose "Load Search" from the drop-down menu.
Select your search from the list which appears on the popup window. Click on "Load" to produce your search results.
Note: The results are updated to included any new activity that has occurred since you last conducted the search.