If you have the requirement to make a copy of a policy or procedure you can do this using Way We Do's Duplicate & Template feature.
You can make a copy of a policy or procedure that's in either Draft or Published status.
When copying a published procedure you're creating an exact replica of the original. This means the newly copied version will maintain all existing criteria i.e. Responsibilities, Schedules & Tasks, Attachments, Acceptance, Tags, Revision Date, and Restriction.
Copying a checklist will also maintain all Decision Point conditions, Due Dates, Events, & Delays.
Your copy will be initially created as a Draft in Edit Mode.
Note: the process for copying a Standalone Procedure and an Activated Checklist is the same.
Copying a Standalone Procedure or Activated Checklist
1. Navigate to the Standalone Procedure or Checklist you want to make a copy of
2. Select the Copy & Template button
3. Select Create a Copy
4. Confirm that you'd like to complete the copy by selecting Continue
5. Your copied procedure will open as a Draft in Edit mode - the tile will have been appended with Copy of at the start
6. From here you can make any changes necessary to this version of the procedure or checklist and Publish
7. If you have copied a published checklist then you will also need to amend the relevant criteria i.e.
Responsibilities, Schedules & Tasks, Attachments, Acceptance, Tags, Revision Date, and Restriction.
8. If you have copied an Activated Checklist you will need to either edit or remove any due date, Events, or Delays
Procedure History: When you make a copy of a Standalone Procedure or an Activated Checklist, the copied version has its "Procedure History" reset to zero.