Many of the procedures included in your company manual need to be done by specific people at certain times. For instance, you may require that sales sheets are checked and updated weekly, or that stock is counted at the end of each month.
One great way to keep everyone on track is to add tasks to your procedures. Once a task is added, an email reminder will be sent out to remind people of the tasks that are required.
Task reminders can be sent out to everyone who is listed as a user on your manual, or they can be targeted to specific roles. If you would like to target specific individuals, you must first assign roles to a procedure, otherwise the system will default to sending reminders to everyone.
1. To add a task to a procedure, click the Task icon on the right side of the procedure screen. It is the one that looks like a clock.
2. Click Add New in the top corner of the Tasks screen.
3. Type the name of the task.
4. Click to select the roles that are responsible for the task. If no role is selected, an email reminder will be sent to every manual user.
5. Select the frequency, time, and timezone, and specify a start date and how often the reminders will be repeated.
6. Click Save to add the task.
The small number in the bottom corner of the Task icon will change to show how many tasks each procedure has. Clicking this icon will show a list of the assigned tasks. To edit an assigned task, click on the task in the list and make changes as needed.